Goderich, ON

This octagonal structure was built in 1841 and served as the county gaol until 1971. Today it remains as a museum and a place of heritage within the town. Originally constructed from stone from the adjacent Maitland River, the restoration of the building has been a priority for the towns history. With the restoration of the masonry, roof, and windows, a part of the town’s historic history is preserved.