Multi-phased restoration has been ongoing at this London, Ontario landmark to maintain its culture and history. Bishop Walsh hired Joseph Connolly Architect in 1880, sod was turn May 27, 1881 and four years later the magnificent structure was completed, at a cost of $136,000.00.
Existing features have been restored over the years including, copper roofing system and trims; stained-glass windows with vented protective glazing; masonry restoration/repointing around entire building facade and provision of lead coat copper cladding to weathered surfaces. The original flagstone plaza was removed and replaced with new detailed poured concrete. Interior renovation phases 1 and 2, integrated metal lath & plaster system in preparation for new interior finished.