Allan Avis Architects Inc | Our Lady of Mercy Church, Sarnia

Our Lady of Mercy Church, Sarnia

Sarnia, Ontario

This European Gothic building replaced the original 1857 wood-structured church, complete with impressive rose window above the entrance doors and sloped floor for better view of the altar.

Reroofing of the Office and Parish Hall was followed by restoration work of the bell tower and spire. Masonry repointing, repl acement of damaged face brick, stone repairs, window frame restoration and lightning protection were all part of the scope of restoration.