Renovation and addition to the original 1905 Carnegie Library was spearheaded by the Maple Leaf Branch IODE as their centennial project.
The addition, connecting the 20th and 21st centuries, doubled the floor area of the library and incorporates a street level entry. A new passenger elevator provides barrier-free access to all floor levels. The mezzanine in the addition has been developed as the Reuben R. Sallows Art Gallery. The circulation desk was increased from a single work station to three stations and ten computer workstations were added for public use. Interiors of the original reading room were restored, accenting heritage features, and the children’s library renovated into an inviting space.